R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna spout fuel bottle question
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:04 PM
oracleone
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by loosenut
Yea, I finally called up Ofna....the way it works is - you have to stick the delivery tube in the tank and keep it at the the level where you want the fuel to stop. Once the tip of the tube touches the fuel as it comes up - it'll stop. I'll have to try that.

One minor detail is now that you got the fuel stopped...how do you get it out without spilling all over the place?! I would imagine once it's exposed to 'air' again, it'll gush out.

G
I was a bit perplexed by this fuel bottle. I decided to try my bottle out on two glasses of water before race day. Here is what I learned, the thin tube allows the pressure to equalize within the fuel bottle itself ( I.E. Two bodies of liquid at the same level remain level). If you apply pressure to the bottle it will force the fuel out. I think what is "key" is as your car tank fills up near the top you should stop applying "more" pressure to the bottle. The black rubber piece allows you to determine what this level is inside the cars tank. I placed mine on the spout and the edge of the black piece rests on the tank edge. Everything rests on attention to small details... I'd like to keep this thread going and see what more people have to say. I don't believe I've got this 100% figured out and have no idea how good it will work in the future but I don't think you can write this one off yet.