R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - B44 motor/esc choice for short track?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:47 AM
JEFFRO503
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default B44 motor/esc choice for short track?

hey guys....

I'm finally going to build my back yard track this spring. I'm having about 90-100 yards of clean red clay delivered as soon as the weather clears up. The track will be about 48' X 80' , with 4 - 10' wide lanes. It shoulod be able to get extremely hard , but i'll keep it a little sticky with dish soap or something to that affect.

Question.....i will have a couple jumps coming out of turns that are going to need some serious "GRUNT" to clear them clean , and some rythem sections that will need some extra power as well.

What motor/esc is a popular set up right now on these B44's? It's been a while since i've even looked into this , and the damn B44 thread is huge!

I'm gathering it may be between something like a 3.5 to 5.5 motor. And i'll be running saddle pack lipos.

If I could get some advice it would really help me out.

And like i said , it's not a huge track , but long enough to get full throttle for a few seconds on some of the longer areas , but i need the power out of turns and for some pretty cool rythem sections.

Anything out now would be good....or do you know of a setup that's hasn't been released yet , that may be good also?

Thanks guys.