R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Hobbytown USA St. Charles Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Howard, I think your a little off about the BL motors being run in stock at HTSC last year. I was there fairly regularly and I honestly do not remember ever seeing someone run a 17.5 turn. Everyone I remember running a BL was running a Novak 13.5 (heck I can't remember anyone that ran a brushed stock last summer). HTSC has never been one for strictly enforcing ROAR rules, and Novak had pushed the 13.5 as the "stock equivalent" for so long that it seemed that was what everybody had. However, whatever rules HTSC decides upon, I will follow. I'm not calling for one or the other motor.

Perhaps Dave can clear up to confusion over what motors were actually run.
No...I was not off, and I knew along last year stock class is whatever motor that is not MOD class. But I was not talking about last year, I am telling Barry about this year STOCK and simply telling him to buy the right motor. What I did not know was last year Trans-Am ppl were running 6 cells 27T vs me running 4 cells 17.5....again, that is FINE for me, but I was trying to find out why my car was like 1-2 laps slower then everyone....but again, that was my mistake by not knowing the HTSC rules.

This year stock...is STOCK...ROAR similar type STOCK. Last year, I was the one that used my TA05R running a 27T brushed motor to race against others that used 13.5 and even with FOAMS....no problem for me, I did not win, but I had fun...but again, that was last year. This year, if we are here to share information and refine the class, why don't we do it right and make it well reconized..........Stock is 17.5/27T with 6 cells nimh or 2 cells LIPO, use rubber tires, any bodies, any chassis, no weight limit...I think that is as OPEN as possible for club racing.

Oh.....6 minutes qualifier and 6 minutes MAIN. Trans-Am will be 8 minutes A-main.