R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 PM
andrewdoherty
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Some guys tried the Losi JRXS-R pins. They were a bit shorter and they were using them without the small screws in the ends of the pivot block.I tried them and they bent just as easily as the standard ones IMHO. I personally am running the drill blanks that Goetz peeped us to. We had Larry Bradshaw (Team Tamale) machine some parts that worked around the blanks and they have been flawless for me. If you PM Seaball I bet he can point you in te right direction to get the blanks. In fact if you PM McGoo he might even have a few sets of the whole thing for you. It included lower pivot blocks, camber hangers, and drill blanks machined and cut for use with a setscrew.

The second best option I found was to use the standard hinge pins and be sure to use the screws tightened in the end. I felt the added meat in the hollow end added some rigidity. Be sure the arm is free however as they tended to bind when tightened down properly. A little work with some sand paper and the shims worked for me. They still bent though . . .