R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Hobbytown USA St. Charles Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:08 PM
bvoltz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
This year, my sponsor said I need to stay home more to support our daughter including going to CHINESE SCHOOL on SAT and SUN....she said I can do RC as usual, just within my shop in my basement...

Barry....its really hard to get WGT ppl running outdoor cause somehow they do worry about that fancy chassis get scratch...and I don't see the turn out of that @ HTSC. To be honest, I don't think they are any cheap...at least, not cheaper then the already super cheap USVTA.

HTSC mostly has more ppl running 27T/17.5 then other motor. Due to the track size, running MOD is not necessary faster then stock. So you should consider getting a used 17.5 JUST so you can race almost anywhere because this class probably is the biggest beside the USVTA.

Like you....I think I am fading out of NITRO this year for good. Just nitro no longer interest me since I discovered the beauty of LIPO/BRUSHLESS.
Ok, no problem... I will break open the privite piggy bank, which has been robbed a number of time to buy her support, in flowers, candy and other crap... but i have enough for new 17.5.... I just was not sure what the stock class at HT is... 13.5 or 17.5... but you are correct, I have 4 or 5 13.5 and I guess it is time to add 17.5 to the tool box....