R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Hobbytown USA St. Charles Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Sorry I was not trying to stir up anything, just with a lot jumping on the WGT class because of the low cost, I was not sure if was a class had interest. Personally I will run what is offered rather then trying to change what you have. I have been jobless for all most a year, so I do not get out all the time. Last year I was working on my Nitro program, but the cost is to high for a jobless person, in 2009. And with the Nationals in the midwest, this is really disappointing to me.

I wanted to find out what the rules of the stock class are, so I have the right stuff. I do not currently have a 17.5 motor, so if that was the new rules, I would need to purchase one. If it is 13.5, no problem I have motors for this. I just need to dust off the TC car and get ready to race locally for 2009. I only made one race last year, because like I said above, I was working on the Nitro program.

Again, I'm just trying to stay within your current rules.

My sponsor (my wife) is not as generous as Howard's wife... LOL!!!!!!
This year, my sponsor said I need to stay home more to support our daughter including going to CHINESE SCHOOL on SAT and SUN....she said I can do RC as usual, just within my shop in my basement...

Barry....its really hard to get WGT ppl running outdoor cause somehow they do worry about that fancy chassis get scratch...and I don't see the turn out of that @ HTSC. To be honest, I don't think they are any cheap...at least, not cheaper then the already super cheap USVTA.

HTSC mostly has more ppl running 27T/17.5 then other motor. Due to the track size, running MOD is not necessary faster then stock. So you should consider getting a used 17.5 JUST so you can race almost anywhere because this class probably is the biggest beside the USVTA.

Like you....I think I am fading out of NITRO this year for good. Just nitro no longer interest me since I discovered the beauty of LIPO/BRUSHLESS.