R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 03:28 PM
AndyMoore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattWebb
with highest respect...

Isnt the "rain drop" type effect on bodyshells becoming a bit long in the tooth?

Would be nice to see new ideas on the bodyshell artwork as we approach 2010.
They are a classic element to R/C paint, and imo look far better than some of the recently used tribal designs. Besides, Jimmy's drips are DIALED!

Originally Posted by 3171scott
New to the thread and new to the hobby. My question is what it the differance in the Scoop Less and the High flo B4 bodies. I purchased the Scoop less a mounth a go.
In the add the pic. do not show many differances.
What type of conditions are they suited for.
Thanks.
The Hi-Flow body has space for three cutouts in front of the cab to allow for more airflow inside the body. Also, the upswept sidepods are meant to make the appear more aggressive.

Originally Posted by islander360
The highflow creates more down force via angled side dams.
That was part of the idea, but its hard to really get a feel on tracks.

Originally Posted by 3171scott
So you are saying that the side pods are higher? From the pictures on JConcepts home page you see no differances between the two.
Has anyone realt tested between the two, and is their a real felt differance?
In my short time in the sport (Offroad Dirt) bodies realy dont do much.

The rear wings are another story, I have felt the differance betwee the
6.5'' Vwing and the 7" straight HD. the 7 defintely gives more rear traction, but the 6.5V seams to jump better, the car stays flater in the air.
I'm in the process of experminting with the 7" Vwing, hopping to get the best of bowth worlds.
The side pods have been raised slightly (~4mm) on the Hi-Flow for more speed control clearence.