R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing Discussions
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2003, 05:33 PM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

wow,you guys move fast.let me try to answer all the questions.if i leave any out i appologize.it will not fit ntc3 bumper but i can make anything fit on special order.the batteries are as close to the driveshaft as i can possibly go without hitting driveshaft.holes in uppr brace and underside of chassis are all countersunk.bottom chassis is going to be 3mm and upper plate is going to be 2mm.i chose not to pocket under transmission because once you remove laminent from surface,it allows it to seperate,split or whatever you wanna call it.the chassis was designed to be just as stiff as the tub with less driveshaft compression.i know that all of the carbon fiber chassis twist more than the tub,that is why my upper brace is shaped so much differently than the others.90 percent of the flex comes from where the transmissions mount.everyone tries to mount there upper braces between transmissions.my chassis pulls the transmissions and chassis together as one piece and then the flex point of the upper brace is cut in half by a center support.its harder to twist carbon fiber that is 3.5 inches long opposed to a piece 7 inches long.therefor eliminting virtually all flex creating the stiffest chassis that i possibly could.