R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Questions about LiPo Battery
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:30 PM
lt1zwb96
Tech Initiate

Default Questions about LiPo Battery

I have just recieved a battery I ordered and I had ordered the 4100 24C. The SMC part number on the package is 4124LD with the D hand written. The battery has a sticker on it that says it is a 5200 7.4V 24C. Did I just get lucky or should I believe the packaging? New to LiPo and it says to charge at 1C so should I charge as a 5200 batt.

I am using a Venom pro chager and the instructions suck so I do not know how to balance charge. I have a box that plugs into a differnt plug on the charger than my batt connecter. Do I plug the white plug into the box and still use the Deans connecter or just the small white plug?

If batt is 5200 and charger only goes up to 5amps will it hurt the battery to charge at less than 5.2 amps?

What setting do I use when balancing the batt? (i.e. 1S or 2S and what amps etc.)

Thanks for any help. I was out of RC for a while and everything has changed if you want to be competative. I still had RC2000 nicads and 27T brushed motors so brushless and LiPo has me confused.

Last edited by lt1zwb96; 02-06-2009 at 10:48 PM.