R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
snoopyrc
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know that its hard to get a shell to look right and I would never take away anything from the guys at HPI. This thing looks great. It really is beautiful. ....... But the roof line looks like a Ford Daytona Coupe. I still love it but that is what it looks like.

As far as the bodies thing goes. VTA in itself is a winning combo and should be left alone. But I think the touring car formula is failing the hobby when it comes to attracting new racers. More classes like the VTA and Mini Cooper should be run in more areas. This kind of thing is definitely where we will find our new blood.

I have often come back to the same idea of a class that runs sports car bodies, D compound treaded tires on the rim of your choice, VTA powertrain choices, and Your choice of either: no wing, cosmetic wing, Drift wing, or a severly neutered TC wing. (specifics later) A functioning Touring wing would be out of the question.
An event like that would look like anything that races on the street. Multiple body styles I think would appeal to more people knowing that they could pick what they liked. A VTA car would be legal to run in this class even though these cars would not be legal in VTA. VTA tires are D compound and treaded, thus fitting into the rules.

And again Dont mess with VTA. This is just an idea for a demo race or if a bunch of guys just wanted to do something with a differrent look. Some of us just love cars......