R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray X10 World GT Car
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 AM
chensleyrc1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Well thankfully the tone of the thread started to calm down a bit. However, again, (as the famous words of Barak Obama) "As I have always said before" let's see what the price is for the carbon fiber diving board. If it is a hair above $212, sorry, Xray better justify the price.

I agree, the KISS concept is great! But it doesn't mean you can't be innovative, can it? That is why I would like to point out with the CRC car. It's innovative, but simple to tune, build, and understand. I think a lot of proud CRC owners can appreciate that fact.

Again, I think Xray used to put out some great cars. I think the NT1 is a GREAT car that has set the bar up for others to follow. Mugen still relies on buying old designs from Serpent and improving upon it and calling it a MRX4, MRX5, etc. The MTX4 has taken a lot of hints from the NT1. Same with that Sheperd 10th scale car that looks like a mirror copy of the NT1.

All I am saying is if Xray is to justify their price, they should continue with their innovative designs like they have in the nitro world. I have an XB8TQ buggy and think it will be awesome, if it ever gets built. I also have the N18T and M18T with the Hudy starter box. Also which are unbuilt. But that just shows you that I am not 100% biased. Just 80% with their electric cars.

That's all I will say. I await the official pricing of this diving board. But again, get ready to face the flames if that car is above $212 without a good reason.
Why this price, where can I buy a CRC, BMI, or AE for that? From Stormer the prices are $249.99-CRC, $229.99-BMI, $249.99-AE. Why would a car that will perform just as good, if not better than those. Also uses better materials than all but the BMI. And the X-Ray does the BMI one better by revamping the AE front end with their own plastic and redesign, instead of just throwing in the AE stuff. Be cheaper? No offense Jason, I do like your cars, just making a point. Hell Corally did the same with the SP12X. But for what its worth I'll pay up to $299 for the car, just because of my experiance with X-Ray and RCAmerica. The cars are just that much better, usually!