R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T2R Pro
Thread: XRAY T2R Pro
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
dodgeguy
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
My first touring car was the original T2r, it was $200 then, it's $300 now and looks like you get less? I remember at least having adjustable turnbuckles. My car was so tweaked that it never drove straight, I had everyone try and fix it for me. I ended up putting a BMI chassis on it and it drove normally then. You can get a new type-r for $330 why bother with this car. TA05 and Cyclone S fit the cheap composite market.
The cost of anything from Europe cost more. I do not know why people in the US today still do not understand this? Plus Losi has a dead on road team and is trying to unload the kits they have. The Type R when it first came out was over $400!

However on the type R you will break so many more parts than you will on the Xray. I have had a Type-R. Just ask anyone who drives one.

I would run a T2R Pro any day over a TC5. Good car on the track however the plastic quality is no where close to the Xray. For me this is important. Just like for some of you racers low cost is a big factor and you do not care if the car has cheap Chinese made plastic.