R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - tire gluing
Thread: tire gluing
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
SPARTAN300gt
Tech Apprentice

practice does help, but its not that bad, make sure your using a good glue with a wick in the end of it, also make sure your in the right state of mind and relaxed( not as soon as you get home from work ), ive glued countless sets of tires and wheels and they come out pretty good, nice and true and straight not that i havent f@#% up a few sets
1) scuff up bead on rim and bead of tire (dremel works perfect)
2)wash, wash, wash, i clean my rims with hot soapy water and the tire beads with rubbing alcohol and an old whit t-shirt
3) also check the tire beads to see if there is any flashing that should be trimmed off and be sure to put the holes in your tires before mounting
4) mout the tires and secure them with heavy rubber bands, its easiest if you do 4 tires at a time but only one side of each tire at a time
5)pull the beads back just far enough to get the wick in there, no too much glue itll squeeze out if you do, also it helps if you can stand the tire up and let the glue run down the bead, do this in 8 differrent spots, let them sit 15 min and try pulling the tire away from the rim and keep touching up the spots that do
6)finally once the tire is fully glued i run a bead around the outside to seal things up, stand the tire on end and place a few drops on the bead and let it flow around the rim, you will have to keep adding glue and spinning the tire
hope this helps, it is a lot of work but the results pay off