R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Newbie, Checking in
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 AM
elkman
Tech Regular

Default Too late!

Originally Posted by slaytanic
Welcome! Been awhile since I've been to Gresham. What vehicle do you and your son have? I would suggest you find the nearest track to you and go there. Watch the race and see what people run there. That would be your best bet as you will then have alot of help. Remember to have fun. You don't need to spend a mint to race. Although as your skills improve you will be inclined to do so. Also, if you can afford it, avoid RTR's. For the most part the electronics are junk and you will soon spend more on upgrading them. Buy a kit and pick your engine and electronics.
My son and I have been running for two years now. Started with Nitro rustlers, then we both got Micros. He has a Micro t and I have a Micro desert truck Mine is stock his is brushless/lipo with a spektrum radio system. I recently bought a LSOI mini crawler and have been having fun with it. Our newest purchase is we both got LOSI 8IGHT Truggies, they come with Spektrum radio systems and we plan on putting better servos in them as I hear they are the weakest link on the car. . We spend a lot on the cars and the hobby in general but it is something we do together, Kinda hard to get a teenagers attention for anything. He started an RC Club at his high school and is about to build an outdoor track on school grounds all with approvals and loads of red tape. I am impressed with him.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	crawler.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	414620