R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 12:13 PM
jdeadman
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Your setup should have way more steering then the other cars with those tires and springs. Gotta realize, if those guys have been racing for a long time and you are just starting out, they will probably still beat you even if you have twice the power they do. Right now I would say don't worry about where you place. Sit down with a few of the racers there and learn setup from them, while on the track work on learning a good line. Start with trying to stay in the center of the track without crashing. Once you have that down start tightening up the line a little bit. Learning setup takes time and effort. But it is worth it to do so. I've been doing this for over 15 years now and I'm still learning stuff all the time.

Very true and right now I am not worried about where I place but am I improving and how to get that improvement in myself. I have gotten my consistancy up where I think it should be for a first time driver but what I need help with now is my setup and how to get better steering, rear grip and overall consistancy to the car and the way it handles.

Does anyone have a cause and effect sheet for tires, springs, oil and suspension changes?

Thanks again