R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA F103 RM
Thread: TAMIYA F103 RM
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 05:36 AM
BP SHADOW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
Is there a serious difference in performance between the R and the RM, or is a case of a lot of Tamiya bling for not much extra perfromance?

Don't get me wrong, I love my blue bling, but for the difference in price I could get another lipo.
Remember, the R is a limited edition commemorative deal. The thing with these 103's is they are competitive in pretty much any level of trim. I have seen guys take almost bone stock chassis and beat up on fully hopped up cars. Even after 15 years of running this chassis, the closer I look, there are many very small details that can make a huge difference in the performance of the car.But I dont think the R has any significant advantage over the RM. I would say that the parts that come with the R are of higher quality than the RM , and everything is in one box instead of hopping up one part at a time. If you look at the cost of an RM , and then add a few hopups to the price of that kit, the R is a pretty good deal for what you can get it for on the street.
I am picking mine up tonight.