R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine Wars Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 11:17 AM
EdwardN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: 777 engines

Originally posted by coolracing
Pls don't take my comments negatively as I may be your next customer (or good friend) !!

Anyway I just wanted to get some reference from you since it seems to me you are the best person to ask from since it's your work (??).

I am just your average Joe appearind now and again at the A-mains at a local club so I can't say I can be the best person to witness it's a screamer.

All the excitement created here about your work, has got me curious to ask for results to support some of those claims.

If there aren't any "murnan" or "carlsen" or "motorman" kind of feedback for now, it's ok.

Sorry I had to use murnan, carlsen or motorman as a reference here and no disrespect as these were the words in alot of racers' dictionary.

I forgot JP. You know all these guys are more proven their engines are very fast . . these days it's good to show a little polish and cutting of the sleeve and the crank but to really make it big to support those claims that your work is in the same league you may have a little more work to do.
Hey, I didn't get you wrong. I just try to explane to you situation.
All this respective moddifiers been in servicing people for years and defenetly they have done a lot of work to prove. Their engines were running on a lot of competitions and got a lot trophies. As you can trace my appearince here I came back to hobby just 5-6 month ago ( 10 years break) and also my expirience and knolodge came from airmodeling and boatmodeling. I did bunch of engines and they attend competitions around, in Australia, Rd logics, local. To get good refernece I might need some realy good driver run my engine on big official competitions, but I don't do prefernce between big racers or beginers. So far one engine was running at RD logics on revelation and the my friend got there third place. other engine wqs running in Australia on Some big club competition by my other friend from HK and He got there 5 place ( if I am not wrong). My son was at RD logic and he was a last one, but I realy got truoble to set up the car for that track and he crush the car on the last qualification ( he attend only 3 out of 6). It doesn't mean the engine perform for third or fith place, there is other viriables which can affect final results of race. But for sure you can ask people in forum who so perfomance of all these engines and for sure you will have real answer.
This is only one thing I have availble to say.
I put a lot of info in forum and one of them is stated I am in process to build my own desing engine. I have different ideas from existing designs and It was proven in other type of modeling hobby (airmodeling and boating). I try to implement all newest developments for our engines and in the mean time to keep cost as low as possible.
So, you have no choice just to base your opinion about my work and quality on this availble info.
And again, I don't work on Novarossi engines because of Novarossi limitations ( it is still questionable if that statment has legal power ).