R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SERPENT 120
Thread: SERPENT 120
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Fuzzy
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr Granone
2) The kingpins and pivot balls have been talked about in depth. The only frontend I have liked in 12th for sometime now is the CRC Pro-strut. The reason being the kingpins and Darlin pivot balls. Reasons for liking them over what is in the s120. First fit and finish are spot on. Second the adjustment is done via a .050" hex on the bottom of the kingpin. This means that you don't have anything to alter the travel and suspesion performance. The notches in the S120 kingpins are a bit crude. There are issues with flashing from the cuts that have to be taken care of. Also you still feel the notches effect travel once you get it all sorted. Now I know this has been an issue so I am hoping that these comments could help in the revision of the mentioned items.
The kingpin issue has been resolved. I recently received a pair of the revised kingpins from Serpent America and the two issues with them have been corrected:
1) They are now the proper diameter and fit the factory pivot balls.
2) The wrench slots have been removed and are now installed/adjusted using a 1.5mm hex wrench.