R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SERPENT 120
Thread: SERPENT 120
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Mr Granone
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello,

I got my kit and started the front end. I am a very slow builder, but here are some feedback items so far. Also please do not get me wrong I am very happy with what I am getting in the kit. I just see room to improve some small details that would make the kit better. You can take them for what they are worth and file them in the trash if need be.

1) Cutting the chassis for the cells to sit as low as possible is standard on most kits. However these days we see better plastic molding then ever. My suggestion would be to cut the slots wider and include inserts that will allow the cells to sit as low as possible. This is not original in any sense but it is practical.

2) The kingpins and pivot balls have been talked about in depth. The only frontend I have liked in 12th for sometime now is the CRC Pro-strut. The reason being the kingpins and Darlin pivot balls. Reasons for liking them over what is in the s120. First fit and finish are spot on. Second the adjustment is done via a .050" hex on the bottom of the kingpin. This means that you don't have anything to alter the travel and suspesion performance. The notches in the S120 kingpins are a bit crude. There are issues with flashing from the cuts that have to be taken care of. Also you still feel the notches effect travel once you get it all sorted. Now I know this has been an issue so I am hoping that these comments could help in the revision of the mentioned items.

Please don't feel that I am bashing this very fine car. Markus, you did very well on the car. I feel the manufacturing of your vision is in ways lacking. With all that said I look forward to finishing the build. I will offer feedback on the rest of the build as I finish sections. Hope you don't mind.