R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to Electric & got a few Questions!!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 08:40 PM
RobbieT
Suspended

Originally Posted by Teflon
I'll have to try the Bfast one next time I went and ordered the one AVRCGUY suggested. I looked at the Bfast one after wards and couldn't find a $20 set up and couldn't find pics to see if the $15.99 one came with everything that avrcguy said I needed.

I got the spread spektrum with lipo cut off GTB being mailed on monday!!! I also ordered a 22t pinion as the stock spur gear is a 81t on this buggy. I hope that works well with the bush less novak 13.5 I have coming.

Still a little unsure on the proper break in and setting and rebuilding of the tranmission but I have the manual so I'll give it a shot. I almost want to pay the local hobbie shop to do it all so I dont fry the motor or something stupid but then I wont learn how to do it on my own. I'll keep my fingers crossed as I'm a fish out of water here!! lol

All electric guys that go to 1/8 scale are sooo fast right off the bat and I started with 1/8 scale so I figured to go electric to learn throttle control.. Backwards but Im trying!

Thanks for all your help guys!!!

unlike nitro, electric cars need a selection of pinion gears (and spurs) to gear for the track they're running. just grabbing one won't do.