R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA F103 RM
Thread: TAMIYA F103 RM
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 07:46 AM
silverhkswrx
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Carbon shafts are nice, but the slightest tap and CRACK! I broke one last night. It was a 3 Racing unite, hollow core. I think it would just be cheaper to get the right diameter carbon stock and cut your own axles or just running an aluminum axle. Titanium would be nice if anyone is willing to make them.

We run foams on our carpet track for traction. I've ordered a set of the new TRG rubber tires to try them. I'll report back after testing. They should be here in the next week or 2 from Dinball.
titianium bends. bad. much more easier to bend than a carbon is to break. you also need to look at the quality of the shaft. i have ben messing with \a TRG carbon rear shaft, and it has yet to break for several months. it has however expanded near where the grub screw screws in. i am afraid to drill it and mess with the intregrity of the carbon shaft.

a slight sanding would suffice to solve the expansion problem.

as far as bodies, i wrecked one pretty bad, it was the zen-rc (New Century F-1 Body “ZF02”) that fit my lipos pretty well also. it fit around the stock battery holder, whick was great!

anyone in tampa wanting to race? email or pm me!