R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - replacing an engine
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 08:03 PM
redza
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
put the bearings,clutchbell, and nut on..... see how much play back and forth the clutch bell has it should be NO MORE then 1mm of play, you learn to just know when the space is right when you do it a couple times,check to see if the clutch bell is hittin the flywheel if it is then you need to put a shim between the flywheel nut and the rear clutch bearing.

if its not hittin the flywheel and you still have to much play then put shims in between the outer bearings and the clutch screw(the very outer screw that screws into the crank ).... I put in one at a time. all you want is enough play so when everythin heats up it will be tight,like i said you'll learn this as time goes on.... whats best to do is shim the clutch then take it to someone who knows what they are doing,perferbly an expert, not someone who just acts like one, this will help learn that sweet spot, this is what i did and it helped a lot
might as well remove the clutch system from the rtr engine and bring the nova rossi engine to the LHS, they would know how to install it