R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The future of 1/12 scale
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 07:44 AM
PartTime
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys. I raced the 17.5/1c last night.

I started with a .25 more roll than the 13.5. What a pig. No punch, very little speed but the car handled just like it did with the 13.5. It was a tighter layout so I had a little chassis tunning to do. I did have my 13.5 with me but really didnt want to put it in unless I HAD to.

Over the course of the night I went up a few teeth to get some power out of it. Played with the timming and the punch on the speedo. It got a little better. By the end of the night I had REALLY close to the same topend as everybody else but was down on punch. I got to drive a few other cars and they got to drive mine. I had the best chassis with the worst motor. LOL.

I ended up with a 3.48 roll out for the main but think it can carry a little more. I have to get some more pinions. Think Im gonna leave the 17.5 in for another race or two to see what I can get out of it. It was getting pretty close to everybody else. Maybe some more testing will bring it up to speed but, dont think it will ever catch a good 17.5/4cell car.

DK