R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Race Schedule - Sugarbowl
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 06:30 AM
Winner's Circle
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
hey guys i was telling my friend about series he loves the idea he would like to know can he race his DM-1 spec with you guys i think the car has a hyper .21
Bobby,

Tell him to come on down I would love to see his car.

One of the goals of the GT class is = low $$$ racing. We do not want to get caught up in the cubic dollar type racing that 1/8 open and 1/10 touring have become. I know because I raced 1/8 open for over 20 years. We race cars that are stock with the following modifications allowed;

Brake upgrade
sway bars
Electronics
Rubber tires - any brand
and minor upgrades that don't improve performance
150cc fuel tank max

The hyper .21 engine is an 8 port high performance engine. We are running factory stock 3 port .28 engines. If he decides to participate in our series he will probably find himself in a GT OPEN class which at this point has no rules. Until this class grows to be big enough to race as a heat (minimum of 3 cars) he will be on the track with the GT STOCk class cars but his points may scored separately.

I have not seen a DM1 run so I do not know if there is a significant difference in performance. It could be that a high performance .21 with a 125cc tank and a .28 stock engine with a 150cc tank may be able to run in the same class. Until we have other types of GT cars show up we can't determine how they will be classified.

Lee