R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Anemic_SluG
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Hi guys

always a lot of people to talk fdr but not that many to talk true setup changes impact... (just being a bit provocative here, but as usual this "technical" forum has a low S/N ratio...).

Anyone knowledgeable wants to take a crack at it? rc-pete? Korey?

thanks guys,
Paul
OK so I first talked about wheelbase changes and how they effect cornering as a whole, which is where I usually use them, I understand you are asking what the effect of say shortening one side or the other and how that effects the characteristics of the car. Shortening the wheelbase from one side of the car brings the weight of the car closer to the axle, which in turn gives you more weight over that axle and more traction like your theory states. As you get more traction you also are changing the turning radius etc. So if you shorten the rear to get more traction, and run the track you may not see any performance gain if you still have the same steering throw as before due to the increase in turning radius which could still pull the rear of the car around. Hope that helps, and more of what you were looking for.

-James