R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F201
Thread: F201
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 01:32 PM
chorner
Tech Adept

RCInfinity, I think you took me wrong

I wasn't trying to bash the kit, I was merely trying to find out how well the kit was built as I'm very skeptical of buying the kit based on past experience. Thats all; like I said I havn't built or driven it so I was not commenting directly on the F201 itself.

Sorry you took me wrong on that front; but in all reality I don't like Tamiya producs based again, on past experience. Which is why, while I'd love to run an F1 RC kit, I wonder about the quality of the only real kit out there thats available. Just because its the best available, doesn't mean its actually good

Lets hope the don't use a square chunk of plastic like they did for the TG10 series suspension arms haha

As for the slop, that was one of the main points that bugged me with past kits; even after I shimmed up about 12 areas on the kit. Brutal; and the plastic has the shiny radio shack plastic inherent cheapness to it. To give it credit though, its tought as nails; probably because it flexes more than your average ballerina before breaking All in all, Tamiyas model cars in general remind me of their scale models; but with engines and radio equipment slapped on.

Perhaps that doesn't matter at all when it comes down to it; and that the F201 is actually a good kit Its certainly priced low enough anyway.

So how much are you guys spending to 'tighten' up the F201 and get it to a point where you're happy with it?