R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Corse-R
Tech Elite

Originally posted by loosenut
1. How to prevent the body clips from flying off!!
2. Are aluminum hub carriers worth the investment?? Or you might ending break other parts??
For question no.1 I just use a small clip (Is almost like the small one from Tamiya), but instead of getting those damn expensive I use the ones from Yokomo, are small and clamp with high pressure to the body post. If not remember bad, Team Orion have some body clips that have an extra lace that wraps the body post, haven't used, but fitting the lace on the body post should be a bitch to do in a rush.

Question 2: If you reinforce any part of the car (in this case, the hub carriers) you might end breaking some other part (A-arm, bulkhead, .... ). On the complete year I've been using mine MTX3 almost all the weekends (and some national races). Only I've break so far was the rear bulkheads, one rear A-arm, one front hub carrier, broke one dogbone and one CVD (3Racing). Substituted many pieces, but were substituted by usage and were worn.

Car is durable, plastics are stiff and withstand rough usage, but isn't bulletproof, first of all maybe we need to define terms like 'Slightly rubbed the board', 'touched the pole', or side crashed to another car.

Mine suggestion, go with the stock plastic hub carriers, are enough strong (but any lemon could be out there) and you will not add more weight to your car in one place where each gram counts as gold (unspring weight).