R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 08:26 AM
loosenut
Tech Fanatic

Unhappy

OMG.....yesterday was my first race w/the MTX-3.....had problems all day.

Broke the left front hub carrier - during practice....it was a light rub against the wall too!!

Then I broke the right front hub carrier - during the warmups for teh first qualifying round. Again, light rub against the wall...

Then I finally was able to qualify for the A-main in the last qualifying run with my engine not tuned correctly

Got my engine tuned - made some adjustments to the car and was 1 or 2 position in the A-main up until the 16 min mark .... and ran outta fuel! My pitman didnt' call me at the right time...BAH!!

Took awhile to start the engine (inexperienced pitperson) -

Lost a front body clip and was having a hard time steering - man I didn't realize that when the body comes up alittle it makes a world of difference cause lack of down force!!

Nevertheless, fought my way back to second again....

Guess what...my stupid steering servo screw came loose!! OMFG!!! What are the chance of THAT!! That has never happened to me before! So my car all of a sudden lost all steering.

All in all, I've learned alot about the car and considering the bad luck that I had...I did ok.

This leads me to couple of questions for ya experience guys.

1. How to prevent the body clips from flying off!!
2. Are aluminum hub carriers worth the investment?? Or you might ending break other parts??

Thx.

Gary