R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ZX racing batteries!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 07:14 AM
mike_Webb
Tech Elite

I think people are still buying the Fukuyama packs because there are a lot of followers. I ran my Fuku packs against a guy with ZXRacing packs and both our cars performed the same...Same Car, same setup, same tires, same gearing. I had newer brushes in my motor and his were worn down. The Numbers on the cells were real close and neither of us had a advantage.... Until he t-boned me and I had to play catch-up!!!

The big question is who can supply the cells when they are needed. Last year it was crazy trying to get Pro-Match packs because everyone was getting them...Now with Fuku packs some of the better numbers are hard to get.

John has great customer service and his packs are going to be the same as any other packs out there. If I was looking for value for the Money then I would get the ZX-Racing packs. I know in 3 weeks we have a big Carpet Race here and I will be using his packs...and I will feel comfortable running against the SMC Drivers and Pro-Match sponsered drivers.

I will also be running his packs down at Snowbirds. Last year I was running the Pro-Match Packs down there and was lucky enough to get some high end SMC Cells while down there so it made a big difference in 19turn and stock....This year I will not be worried about getting the power I need to stay competitive.