R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:02 AM
speedsterblade
Tech Addict

Something Darkside and I have kicked around to get more racers and help out new racers...but have not gotten around to doing it..is a Beginners clinic or new racer clinic, what ever you want to call it but it's basically some of the more seasoned racers with spare/old cars bringing them to the track for New racers (with their own car or without any cars or gear) come out, learn some car/gear/radio settings and driving basics and the typical race procedures...all without having to buy anything. It'll help newbies know before how the races flow and should help them be less stressed and enjoy the racing more when the big day comes! We just need to get them 'hooked' and the TA class/cars are perfect for this! It could also help rookie racers get a better handle on driving and setups. It would be 'classroom' for 30 min or so (while packs are charging) then 10min of track and would cycle. So you can learn the theory (lines, throttle control, etc, etc.) then go out and practice what you just learned while you have seasoned racers watching and help folks. Even have a mock race at the end of the day. I'd do it for free and I'm sure darkside would also. I use to pay big bucks for a similar type of class when I raced 2wheelers onroad.

I'm starting a document for this 'class' but don't want to get too detailed and just cover most of the basics.

If you can get folks to show up I think it could be a great thing...what do you guys think?