R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 03:31 AM
rough512
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Back with 03 again

Originally posted by rowdyrj
Smaller pulley in the front would at as normal from a start than free will once up to speed with a one way install. Good turn in.

That's a little hard to understand.

Anyway, I think its the other way around. The car is configured as rear motor, with a oneway diff and torque splitter installed in front. If you put the smaller pulley in the rear, you will be forcing the car to run as a rear wheel driver. The front wheels won't be getting any power from the motor since the front layshaft will be spinning slower than the rear layshaft. The oneway diff frees up and all torques will be transferred to the rear wheels.

If I put the smaller pulley in front, I will be forcing the front wheel to take up the torque and will be dragging the rear wheels on the straight. Without a torque splitter on the rear layshaft, I imagine the two ends will be trying to fight each other. If I put a torque splitter at the rear layshaft ( with a front 1 way still fitted) I would be losing all brakes right?

I think I'll be going with same teeth pulley for the front and rear. I just finished my conversion. The DJ car is now a DJRS. It has almost all hopups available. The alloy knuckle arms and steering bellcranks are missing though so I'm using plastic ones at the moment.

I still have to run the car. I bought it primarily for running a Modelthech Brushless but if the car runs well, I might use it in place of my TBEVO1. I thought a tank-like car would be a perfect candidate for a 100,000 RPM brushless motor.