R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Alabama State Champion
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Lucky13
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mblgjr
How about one good 'ole "State Race" like we used to do under Roar...?

I agree with Alan as far as having a need to get people in the hobby. However as he knows and I have observed, some of our local shops in the Bham area aren't exactly the kindest when it comes to actually helping people or supporting racers.

As far as having too many tracks, that has somewhat cropped up from racers wanting somewhere "local" to race and not have to travel just to race. I know I get tired of driving an hour (or better) to race when I have a nice track under my nose (but I understand they like to travel and race themselves; but I'd love to see them hold more races).
I agree, series races are fun but tricky to organize. Especially when we do have so many tracks with in a 2.5hr drive from Birmingham. In your case, being as far south as you are, a series race with some Florida tracks would be a great opportunity.

I would say that someone should host a "Alabama State Race" . Just like we use to have at Oak Mountain and Shelby Co. But, I think the SIC is just another form of the typical state race format and idea. So it kind of takes the place of a state race.

Part of the real issue we have locally, is the major lack of hobby shop support. That's really were a lot of new people hear about the sport and get started. But, in turn, us seasoned racers should expect to pay more than mail order to support a LHS. I could go on for hours about this, so I'll save it for some other time.

I don't think what I say or what anyone else says should stop you from trying a new idea. You never know it could turn out to be the biggest race in the Southeast.
Good Luck,
Richard