R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ONE-HOBBIES SHOP AND TRACK - SURPRISE, AZ
Old 01-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Dbackmasta
Tech Master

Thank's Tom for starting this thread, it's long overdue!!

To all of you that race at the nitro pit, thank you for the support. Now that we have two hobby shops on that side of town I'm really looking forward to more and more new racers. There obviously seems to be a rift between some racer groups and that's unfortunate but understandable. I hope that with this One Hobbies thread both sides can learn to live together, as the Expert vs. Novice war is going way too strong right now. Back when I started the first Phoenix RC Racers thread we would go days without anyone posting. Slowly there were more and more people participating and here 5 years later it's blown up to the point where one thread can't satisfy the needs of everyone.

The veterans here in Arizona want a racer oriented thread where people can discuss setup, engine tuning, make fun of Kenny, read recaps, see results, keep up on future races, or make fun of Kenny.

The Newer racers have so much excitement for R/C, that they want to talk about it all the time. Never in my time doing this race directing stuff, have I seen such a tight knit group of Novice racers. Coming to the track and seeing 30+ Novice racers has breathed new life into me and I'm just happy you guys are out there having a great time, whether you're at the Nitro Pit, SRS, Paddock's, or any other track!!

I'm hoping that with this One Hobbies thread, the Nitro Pit thread will be freed up for easier navigation to setups and such.

One last comment: I'm a fan of all of you, or I wouldn't be out there running races all the time. I was a novice racer, I was an expert racer, and I am an Intermediate racer, so I see and appreciate all sides but what I don't like is anyone blasting the other guy publically. For those New people that think the expert class are cry babies; remember, those are the guys that kept racing alive when we didn't have a track. For those Expert racers that search through all the posts and end up throwing your hands up in frustration; remember, the infusion of energy that the new guys and girls have is what keeps the cycle flowing. I'm already excited to see where these novice racers are this time next year!