R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New here with a few questions!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Iam99x
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offtraxx
the mini is perfect for what u just did in the vidio, round and round in circles in a open parking lot if ur on a budget and want to have some fun, anything traxxas makes would be the place to start. I'm more of a basher turned racer, and my advice would to be start with some thing like a slash ( I raced mine for 3 months now and haven't broke a single part), the say with the proper gearing and a big enuf battery they will do 60mph out of the box. stampedes are another place to look, basiclly the same dezine as the slash with some extra ground clearence. my first truck was a stampede and they will do backflipps 8 ft in the air and drive away with the stock setup.
Well, right now I'm waiting on the Slash to be in stock. There is a guy on a local forum who is selling his Stampede for $100!

Here is the link:
http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213557

How durable are the Stampedes? My experience with T-Max's weren't good. Every time you turn around something breaks. Stripped diffs, broked A-arms, etc...

I definitely want something that can take a hell of a beating because when I get ideas of doing something, I do it. Haha a few years ago I built a ramp out of a whole sheet of ply wood and jumped over my car from back to front with my XXX-NT. Good times.