View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 06:40 AM
dameetz
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by veecee View Post
No matter what you do there is always a tiny bit of tolerance. It is nature of any manufacturing process and CNC is not immune to it (although it is better than most mass production processes). I have often found that a binding suspension arm can be freed up by shifting the suspensions blocks away slightly. So the same method can be used to fix your problem. I would do one or both of the following:

1) Slightly loosen screws on XA block and shift the block as far left as possible. Keep in this position and tighten the screws back up.

2) Slightly loosen screws on F block and shift the block as far right as possible. Keep in this position and tighten the screws back up.

Try step 1 first and measure. If not enough, then do step 2 as well. Should do the trick...
You are absolutely right, after trying everything including using another set up system, its still reads 4deg left 3deg right. It turns out that Hudy set up is good afterall.Then I realign the blocks a few times, right now I m getting approximately 3.75 left and 3.5 right. I try to realign the blocks again tomorrow, this rear toe problem already took me one and a half day to solve.