R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fustration all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:43 PM
dishsoap
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks to Jaz with with phone support we managed to get it turne over. Something was preventing gas to enter into the engine. We vapor locked it and flooded it on purpose to get some fuel in. Sure enought after removing the fuel it fired right up. It was too late to break in the engine last night. I left it for about 30 min or so and went back just to see if i could fire it up again. Nope noth happening. I couldnt even flood the dang thing to get fuel into the engine. Doing everything i could to prime and it wouldnt prime. The bubbles in the fuel line would not move to the carb.

Here is what i did however I am not sure wich item fixed the problem. I did exhcange the pull start to a roto start and Jaz thought I might be getting air into back not allowing it to prime.

#1. I took the engine off and the roto back plate and secured it again making sure i had a tight fit.

#2. I pulled the pipe off and put new zip ties on for a more secure fit and moved the back of the pipe further into rubber fitting.

#3. I pulled the carb off and resecured it to ensure not leak from the carb.

#4. I pulled the gas tank off and inspected it for any small leaks.

#5. I tested every piece of fuel line to ensure no leaks coming from the lines (Nitro fuel tates like Sh**)

#6. Adjusted the idle needle while the carb was off so that i could see a small opening.

#7. The high speed needle was very hard to adjust. I pulled the entire High spedd needle out and lubed the rubber o ring.

#8. After putting everything back together no more problems. Fuel shot up to the carb right away and it fired right away.

In the morning I put some fule in it and it fired right up. I now have 3 tanks of fuel through it. On the 4th tank I ran it in figure 8ts less than half throtle. I did notice that the buggy was very sluggish and didnt seem to have much grunt. The wierd thing is it was running fairly hot but sluggish at just over 200 degrees.

You can take a guess at what fixed the problem as i am not sure. By the way i decided to go without the external fuel filter as there is an enternal one so i just by passed it.