R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ko BMC Speedo
Thread: Ko BMC Speedo
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Joe Maxey
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RodneyB
Interesting. I'll try changing some of these. My Orion version cogs bad with a 10.5 Trinity, and a little with a 6.5 Novak. This is in 4wd off road. Changing the profile does not affect my cogging issue. Honestly I don't notice it wrt feel on the track, but it sounds horrible and it can't be good for the motor right???

BTW, I'm running lipo battery and haven't switched it to LiPo mode yet (was running default) as I just got the cable.
I had this problem with a 17.5,13.5 and 10.5 Novak and Orion motors. After I talked to Robert(KO) I retarded the timing to the max setting and went up 5 teeth on the pinion the cogging went away. Its cause by the amount of timming that is installed in the Esc. The newer motor are also coming with a lot of timing built in so this is why we are having the cogging issue's with high turn motors.

Tonight I put it in my RB5(has a Novak 7.5 Light). Set it at profile 3 and it was awesome. It likes mods for sure. Very smooth and no cogging. I left it with the same gearing that I ran with my LRP TC.