R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA F103 RM
Thread: TAMIYA F103 RM
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Ffejdat
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default F103 build tip

Hey all, new to this forum, had an F1 years ago and just got a new F103RM this week, I have read thru this whole thread, and I see some people are not real happy with using the ball on the Tbar. Here is one minor thing i found when building mine.
When I put the screw through the chassis that holds the tbar balls down tight on the chassis, I noticed the chamfer in the bottom of the chassis was so deeply cut that the top part of the angle head part of the screw would come out the top of the chassis just slightly, and when you tighten everything up, the screw tightens up on the ball itself, before it bottoms out in the chassis, this is not good as the tbar ball never tigtens up to the chassis, and will just rock and flop back and forth a little instead of being fixed like it should be.
The fix I did for this was I found two VERY thin washers to go over the screw from the top, before the tbar goes on, the washers have to have a big enough inner hole to go over the end of the angle on the screw just slightly, this worked well as now the screws pull the balls down tight to the chassis and everything is good.
One other way you could fix this problem is to chamfer the inner hole in the bottom of the ball a little, so the head will clear it, some chassis might not have this problem at all as the countersink in the bottom might not be as deep.
I look forward to running this, haven't driven an F1 in AGES, got bit by the bug again, even found a P34 kit to build soon...