R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ---What Servo's for Full racing! Help Needed!----
Old 01-27-2009, 09:38 AM
MattP
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
what were the exact issues your 59's were having ? which one's as well ? ALL 5955's ?
This was when Hitec first released the TG servos. I bought probably close to 20 of the TG series servos ranging from the 5996, 5997, 5998, to the 5955 models. I was using them in mt's and 1/8 buggies and truggies. I had the same issue with all the ones I sent back. They would be working perfectly and then poof. You would get no warning at all and then you would smell that burning electronics smell. I never busted any gear sets and I don't really bash that hard and I don't wreck very often on the track and I always set my end points correctly. Just the amplifiers were frying in them. I along with a few local racers probably sent back about 30 of the tg servos in about a 6 month period. I actually sent one back 3 times before I sold it with a vehicle.

There were a ton of people on all the forums complaining about the same issues as we were having at the time. So it definitely wasn't an isolated issue.........