R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will shaft drive cars make a comeback in stock racing due to brushless motors?
Old 01-27-2009, 05:57 AM
tc3team
Tech Champion

As much as I liked using the tc3, I was over driving it and killing arms and uprights in stock. I got too used to what power I had.

You only have to have some unfriendly track boards and it was game over when the tyre came into contact with the apex (and you can still be carrying too much speed at the apex of any corner) so the car had no "give" in it.

Switching over the a ta05, i've had very little issues at all for a few years, I can get away with a few board taps now and then and it seems to feel very little less responsive than the tc3 did.

It seems you are more likely to bend a hinge pin with the ta05, but with the tc3, you could bend the pin and do other damage too.

I also think it took a lot less effort to get the drivetrain very free on the ta05 over the tc3.

Yes, the answer is not to board tap in the first place, but my guess is that the tc3 is heavier than the '05, so that's why I was over driving it.