R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 01-26-2009, 09:16 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Here is a pic of the new 3 link project. Notice the extremely nice looking pod side plates. These are CRC products pre Gen X and are a direct fit for the Associated parts using all the same screw holes. Nice upgrade by itself if your parts are scratched up.

CRC 4246 Lowered left pod plate $17.00
CRC 4247 Lowered left motor plate $16.00

The main difference between this project and my previous 3-link cars is the transverse shock tower structure. It might end up looking pretty nice and may weigh less. I plan to get a new chassis to put it on. Those shocks may cant outward from the top when I am finished. Still tinkering with it. The Panhard bar will be shorter than my previous cars. Since the roll center and handling seem to be little affected by its position on our cars then the decreased roll center change with roll of a long bar is really not needed; in other words the car should corner left and right about the same even if the Panhard bar is short.

This is a CRC Pantoura bottom plate and a
CRC top plate.

CRC 1365 Graphite top plate CRC cars $9.99
CRC 1366 Graphite Pantoura Bottom Plate V3 $13.50

These are Traxxas Jato Links

The car will meet World GT specs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3-Link Project.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	411232  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 01-26-2009 at 09:56 PM.