R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi clutch
Thread: Losi clutch
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
JAMMINKRAZY
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Great!!! I got the clutch shoes in and now when I put the flywheel onto the collet should it be firm and tight or easily movable. Then after I have the flywheel on the collet I put my bearing in right? Also I put some loctite onto the screws that go into the clutch shoes, is this ok?
You DO NOT want to loctight the clutch pins(screws that go into the shoes)or you will have quite a time getting them out. the heads can and will strip out.

When you tighten the clutch nut down(holds the flywheel on/pushes it against the collet) you will want that to be TIGHT.

Once you have the clutch nut tight you will slide the larger of the two bearings on, then the clutch bell, then the smaller bearing and finally the washer and screw setup. Note you want to set the clutch bell play(how much the bell mover foreward and backward) to about .5mm. You can eyeball this(measurement is not nessicary) just make sure it will slide a tick back and forth. You set this movement with the clutch shims. you will place these behind the lower bearing and/or in front of the front bearing.