R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated 1:8 Electric Conversion Kit
Old 01-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

My question is this, has AE looked into a future conversion to be offered that includes the probably cheaper plastic spur gears instead of the metal ones? Initially when I was looking at the kit I was not too thrilled about the metal spurs, but now with the nylon ones on the way, I am curious if they could be included and subsequently drop the price of the conversion.

As to balance issues, it will really depend on how porky a pack you use and how the battery tray is positioned on the chassis. I run a big porky pack (4S 6000XP ) and real world handling the vehicle is a blast to drive. but it is more weight biased to the battery side. Part of the reason I went with the RCM RC8T conversion other than the RCPD was not available is the balance issue. If pure balance is your concern, you probably will want a conversion along the lines of the Caster Fusion style setup.

Anyone know of part numbers for the AE receiver box seperately?

One concern I have about the AE design is that there currently are no manufacturers that I know of who are willing to make a balancing wire setup that can be used to charge 2 7.4V lipos together as 1 4S battery pack. I contacted a couple of manufacturers about this and they refused to make one do to liablity issues. Because of this, there are not many options as far as charging these 2 lipos as one that are not really cost prohibitive (anything other than a hyperion duo??).

Does AE have in the cards to make a charger that will do there 2 pack setup justice and balance charge both batteries together as one pack?

I think AE's first crack at this isn't bad.