R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JR Z650M servo warning
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 06:55 AM
markr04
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rswartz
I had this servo horn problem as well.. I had no alternatives so I just jambediton there (Im sure stripping it) Set my car down for the main very uneasy and sure enough got tagged in the wheel while leading of course and stripped the servo horn... I thought ohh I will just run the aluminum horn, Yeah no such luck, It doesnt fit... I was told by a Horizon Rep. that its suppose to fit snug. They are wrong its just another crappy product.
I did the same thing. I bought the JR servo 30 minutes before the races. Got it all wired up in the car before I discovered that nothing would fit it. I forced an adapter (plastic) on it and raced anyway. I took it off the next day... the adapter was cracked and stripped. Like you, I discovered that none of those aluminum horns will fit, either.

I know the difference between "snug" and "wrong". JR has a run of bad servos on store shelves. I mean, the functionality is probably fine... but the fit makes them useless.

For those buying a JR servo, make sure your adapter/horn fits before installing it. It's not an isolated problem.