R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1:8 EP BUGGY (CASTER) or ANY BRUSHLESS CONVERSION THREAD
Old 01-26-2009, 06:11 AM
joeling
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

(sob with joy). Finally it's happening.

Azmin, that buggy looks sharp. spoket, cool rides. 1/8th onroad is even more rare than it's offroad counterpart. Well done.

OK, here's my contribution :

1) This place sells nice batteries :

www.hobbycity.com

2) At the moment, the Castle Creations Mamba Monster Max is king of the hill as far as 8th scale esc is concerned. Many big boys are starting to OEM from CC. HPI Blur is one such example. Traxxas also getting into the act with its BL E-REVO due out soon. The first 2 revisions had issues mainly related to the case design of all things. Now that V3 is out, looks pretty stable.

Competition is not resting though. Tekin's RX8 is in the market or about to hit the market. Could be a worthy competitor. Only time will tell but expect the Tekin to be more expensive.

3) As far as I know, Neu or Neu OEM motors are the top dog in the BL conversion scene at the moment. Again, other manufacturers like Castle Creations, Tekno RC are using a variant of its design or outright OEM.

I'll be trying another brand named Medusa Research in my E-Revo very soon. Hopefully, it'll work out. Half the price of a Neu.

Really looking forward the coming year to see what's new. How the big boys will give their interpretation of 8th scale electric.