R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI's engine exchange!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2003, 07:36 PM
corvettecrazy
Tech Master

Default HPI's engine exchange!

I currently have a nitro MT with the .15FE which has about 1.5 gallons through it. It runs fine but the power that everyone (including myself) desires just isn't there. Then while browsing HPI's website I learned about there engine exhange program. I know HPI engines are the best but considereing that for 99 bucks you could get a NEW (not rebuilt or refurbished) s-25 engine! thats pretty cool!

so i was wondering about reviews everyone has on HPI engines including the 21BB and S-25. also they INCLUDE ENGINE MOUNTS!!!! so after reading below is this a good deal?

HPI USA Engine Exchange Program

This exchange is for HPI USA customers only. If you are located outside of North America, please contact your nearest HPI branch or HPI distributor for information about their exchange policy. HPI USA does not ship overseas for exchange engines.

You can send in your working or non-working HPI engine along with your payment and take advantage of this engine exchange program. If you send in an HPI engine, you can choose any one of the engines below. The 21BB or S-25 exchange is available only if you send in a 21BB or S-25 engine.

The engine that you send in does not have to run and may be disassembled.
Damaged parts are acceptable (broken head fins, broken pullstarter, broken con rod, etc.).
It should be as complete as possible (no missing con rod, pullstarter, carb, head, etc.)
Remove any mounts, flywheel/clutch, exhaust and air filter before mailing the engine to us.
California residents must add 7.75% state sales tax to the total.
The engine that you receive will be BRAND NEW. We will not send you a rebuilt or remanufactured engine.

15FE owners: When exchanging your 15FE, we will also include new engine mounts that are required to mount the new engine in your vehicle. Also, customers that have the A884 Cast Flywheel on their 15FE can send that in along with their engine and receive a new A801 Machined Flywheel and A804 Collet. Both are required when mounting an engine different from the 15FE with the Cast Flywheel. (Please note that some newer kits may have already come with the A801 Machined Flywheel and A804 Collet. Check to see which flywheel you have before sending your 15FE engine in).

1600 Nitro Star 15SS $99.00
1601 Nitro Star 15SS Precut for RC10GT $99.00
1605 Nitro Star 15 $75.00
1606 Nitro Star 15 Precut for RC10GT $75.00
1610 Nitro Star 15SC $99.00
1615 Nitro Star 15FE $55.00
1623 Nitro Star 12R SC $99.00
1626 Nitro Star 12R SS $99.00
1627 Nitro Star 12R SS (with pullstart) $99.00
1401 Nitro Star 21BB $99.00
1406 Nitro Star S-25 NEW! $99.00
California residents must add 7.75% state sales tax to the total.

When sending in your engine for upgrade, please be sure to include:

1) Your old complete engine. Remove engine mounts, flywheel and clutch, exhaust and air filter.

2) Correct payment (cashier’s check or money order). Do not send personal checks or cash.

3) Daytime phone number and return shipping address (VERY IMPORTANT).

4) Completed exchange form (below). Please print clearly.

5) It is also a good idea to make sure you get shipping insurance and a way of tracking your package when you send your engine in to us. UPS and Federal Express shipping includes package tracking, and the US Post Office offers Delivery Confirmation if you ship the package from the Post Office.