R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LiPo Battery Dimensions - Will ROAR change?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:01 AM
HarryN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Are you kidding me... ROAR's spec was out LONG BEFORE EFRA had a spec, so once again, why do it any different ? You guys are completely conciented... Lets think of it this way... Already have one spec, and battery builders are building to it.. Creating another spec that they have to build to, is counter productive and not cost effective.

When it comes to chassis, Most chassis development in TC is on what, a 12 to 24 month cycle ? . The racers make due until there chassis fit the larger lipos, or they just buy one from a manufacturer that fits now. What will ultimately happen is all the cars will be designed to fit the larger lipos anyhow, why will the car designers develop a platform that will only work for the smaller spec. They will design a car that fits both....

So tell me again what good is the smaller spec for EFRA ?

All this over a few MM...
+1 +1 +1

I think EFRA made their own rule, from what I heard from a friend at the track, because they took into consideration chassis from older cars. I think the ROAR rules for LiPo are too big for older chassis? EFRA wanted to make a size that is adaptable to older chassis.

There is no need to have two different rules for racing. It's pretty ridiculous. It's bad enough this is an expensive hobby. Complicating rules for manufacturers will only drive prices higher because of manufacturing the same product with two different designs. As far as I see it, there should be one rule governing races and that is it.

Pissing contests only make people leave the hobby more quickly, or they will not be welcoming to prospective R/C racers in the future. Then when crowds thin to 4 or 5 people at a track, what is the point of the hobby after that?

As far as I see it, if ROAR developed the rules first and set their rules in stone before EFRA, then ROAR rules it should be.

My .02 + tax hikes + bail out money

Last edited by HarryN; 01-25-2009 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Jesus told me to.