R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - My experience with Caster K8T comapred to my 5T......
Old 01-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Oasis
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Wait till you drive a truggy that can really turn..Their is no way around the "to much caster" Caster..I have both the Mugen and the Caster in my opinion their both so close to each other. But I am running the King Headz steering plate and it does move the ackerman settings to the rear. It does get rid of a lot of the bump steer that both the Caster and Mugen have. If you put the Caster on a set up board you will see that it has about 30 degrees of caster, a Kyosho ST-RR has about 18 degrees of caster. With 30 degrees of caster their is no way that it will be agressive at far as turning goes..It will however be very stable and very smooth, and the Caster is shorter than the Mugen also, this helps the truggy rotate in the corners. I would like to see the next Caster use less caster( 20 to 24 would be good) and move the motor up just a bit..small changes would make a huge difference on the track. I hope that no one takes this as a slam on the caster, I think it's a very good truggy with a good company behind it..every truggy can be improved.