R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T2’009
Thread: XRAY T2’009
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 06:38 AM
JoeGlover
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcar951
Having problems with rear traction (rubber tire on carpet). Springs, roll centers, sway bars, damping all seem to make only a moderate difference in rear grip. My 009 is certainly lose in the rear compared to my 008 with identicl setups and they're nearly the same except battery position. I know I'm not the only one struggling with this so ....whats everyone doing to gain rear traction?
Post your set-up, I may be able to get you in the right direction. When I went from the 008 to the 009 on the identical set-up the car felt pretty dialed but like you say a little more steering it seemed. I went down on the rear bar(1.1) added .5 more rear toe(2.5) and went up to 1.5mm from 1mm on the rear hub shim and that seemed to work well.

You could also try making the rear link as long as possible, lengthen the wheelbase and even run 1 degree rear hubs and put the rest of your tow in with the shims. Also running the -.75 wheel hexes(in the rear) will make the car norrower in the rear gaining grip as well. Play with acerman too, this can be a big change sometimes. disconnect the rear bar ect., all of these help make the car more stable in the rear.

Hope I helped that was a lot haha!