R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 02:30 PM
John St.Amant
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ark
John, what is the orion speed controller like to run? I like the look of those. I havent seen many around thats all.
Originally Posted by Randy Caster
I did back to back testing with the LRP Sphere TC and the new Orion ESC when it first hit the states. The TC setting mode feels a lot like the Sphere with punch setting 1 or 2, brake setting 1 or 2, and 0 setting for drag brake, but with the feeling of less resistance, not more punch, just more power throughout the whole powerband. It's also fully programmable by PC, so we've been playing around with the settings a bit but basically keep going back to the stock TC profile which Hara came up with.
Well origonally I was usint the TC profile but After I drove it I felt it was for adapted for hotter motors. We are kind of sticking to 13.5 around here and the Agressive profile #1 I felt was better suited to it. As for the LRP and comparing.... Pretty close ! But the KO was more $ and no fan or heat sink or wires or even a capacitor. I'm surprised it came with instructions. Oh and btw, DONT RUN IT WITHOUT A CAPACITOR ! even though it says nothing about in the instructions. What I like most about it is the archatecture. The sensor harness and fan plug in under the power wires and its very STEALTH.